Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Delicious Spring Dessert

A few weeks ago, I tried a new recipe for a potluck gathering. I said I would bring dessert and I wanted to do something more than just cookies to impress my foodie friends. I found my inspiration in Everyday Food- one of my favorite places for recipes (which you may have realized!).

The recipe was super simple and it turned out very well. My friends loved it and I made it again last weekend for Easter brunch. The best part may be that you can mix everything and bake it in the same dish-- less clean-up! Here are the details for Pineapple Bread Pudding...

- About 1/2 of a medium pineapple, chopped. If you need a lesson on selecting and chopping up a pineapple (like I did!), check out this video
- 3 eggs
- 6 TBS melted butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 TBS flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 loaf of artisan bread, no crust; fluffy insides ripped into small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix eggs, pineapple pieces, sugar, flour and salt together in a 2 quart baking dish. You may need more than 1/2 of the pineapple-- I used enough pineapple to make sure all of the bottom of the dish was covered.
2. Cover the mixture with the ripped bread pieces. Drizzle melted butter over the bread.
3. Bake for 45-55 min, until dish is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream!

2 comments: