Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Foiled Plan to Meet Jim

My roomie and I were thrilled to hear that Mass.-native John Krasinski (aka Jim from "The Office") would be at the Booksmith today. Jim-- I mean, John-- is promoting his new movie, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, which he wrote, directed and stars in. He based the script on the short story collection of the same name by David Foster Wallace, hence his appearance at the Booksmith.

Anyways, we were giddy at the prospect of seeing the dreamy and talented John live in person and planned to line up early for the free reading. Unfortunately, so did a few hundred other folks in town! Shortly after getting in line, someone from the Booksmith came around to say that there was no way anyone in the back of the line was going to make it into the event. Sigh. I guess we'll have to wait to see John the next time he's in town.

In the meantime, here are two great Jim clips from The Office courtesy of Hulu.com. One is hilarious and the other is heart-meltingly mushy.



No comments:

Post a Comment