Lucky for me, these were my exact plans a few weeks ago.
Lesley, my friend from DC, was in town visiting and we had a great little Friday afternoon. I hadn't seen Lesley in almost year (since my last visit to DC), but we used to spend every day together. We started work within a few months of each other and navigated the waters of the 9-to-5 world together. The 40-hour work week and real world was a tough adjustment, but we had a lot of fun, too.
She happened to visit Beantown two weekends ago, so she thankfully missed the floodfest that was this weekend. We spent the sunny afternoon wandering around Newbury Street and Boston Common. (True confession: my sense of direction around Boston is definitely still lacking, but I knew enough to show Lesley the sites.) She loved Beantown and we had a blast just catching up and joking around.
Big Papi says: Come back to Boston soon, Lesley, and I'll come back for a visit to DC.After a fun Friday with Lesley, Rick and I went to see Jamie Cullum at the House of Blues on Saturday with a group of friends. The House of Blues is a very cool venue and Jamie Cullum is very entertaining. It was the first time I've seen him live and he was energetic and funny.
I also love his new album, The Pursuit. It's tough to sum up his style in a few words, but Cullum plays the piano, so his music tends to be slightly jazzy. He's a little pop, a little jazz and he also does great covers. My favorite song on the album is probably his cover of Rhianna's "Don't Stop the Music." It's fun and an original take on the tune.
I would definitely recommend checking him out live if you get the chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment