Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One Year of My Own Audience


It's been exactly one year since I began My Own Audience. Yay! I'm taking a cue from Un Bel Oiseau and celebrating my blog's first b'day!

I do have to admit that I started this blog as more of a job strategy than anything else. I figured that most positions I'd be looking at would require blogging experience, so I needed to become part of the blogosphere. I started this blog to gain on-the-job skills, but it's ended up being a great creative outlet. This blog has also kept me brainstorming, writing and taking photos. I'm so glad I started My Own Audience, even if my intentions for starting a blog were more professionally-minded than anything else.

And on my blog's first birthday, I have some fun writing-related news: I've started contributing to a really great Web site, YPNation. The site is aimed toward young professionals and features news and commentary, social networking and links to resources on the Web. I'll be writing about a variety of topics, including the media industry. My first piece for YPN is about my old friend John Edwards and The National Enquirer.

Happy reading and Happy Birthday, MOA!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday little BLOG!!!!!! yayyyyy! oh since you're such a good little blogger too, i might need some schooling on HTML...haha you down?

    ~hugs!

    ReplyDelete