Thursday, June 10, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I've been wanting to try a delicious-looking recipe that I spotted on Everyday Food's blog a few weeks back. I finally gave it a whirl last night and the results were just as tasty as they seemed to be online. The recipe was easy to begin with and by using a few pre-made ingredients, I made it even easier. If you like pizza and barbequed chicken, you won't be disappointed with this one!

- 2 C shredded chicken (a little more than half of a rotisserie chicken)
- Barbeque sauce
- Pre-made pizza crust or pizza dough
- 1-2 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Chopped or sliced onion, as much as you prefer

1. Preheat oven according to directions for pizza dough or crust. Use cooking spray on a cookie sheet or stone. Spread dough out (if using dough).
2. Mix shredded chicken with enough barbeque sauce to cover all of the chicken.
3. Spread chicken out on crust first. Then top with zucchini, onion and as much cheese as you want.
4. Cook pizza according to crust directions. If using a pre-made crust, pizza will only need about 10 minutes at 425. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment