Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Home Stretchhh

I officially only have two more days left in my master's program. Granted, they will be a very busy two days but then I will have a master's in journalism and (hopefully) a long career as a journalist ahead of me!

In the midst of all the final project craziness, I have been remembering to keep a perspective on things and I haven't been as stressed out as I thought I would be. I've taking a bunch of photos for my photojournalism final and I'll be sure to post that slideshow on here once I'm done with it. In the meantime, some recent photos of wanderings around Boston are below-- I was out looking for inspiration and the subject of my final project!

Speaking of inspiration, we had an awesome guest speaker in photo-j tonight: Lou Jones. He has literally traveled around the world again and again on various photo assignments and his photos are beautiful. He was a very funny, engaging speaker and so talented. His Web portfolio is worth looking at.

It was inspiring to see his photos, but also to see someone who seems so satisfied in his career. It gives me hope that there is creative, fulfilling work out there...enough hope that I walked an extra couple blocks before hopping on the T tonight because I was in a good mood.



No comments:

Post a Comment