U-Haul trucks lining the streets of Boston can only mean one thing; September 1 is here. The approach of fall and the return of the college kids to Beantown has me thinking a lot about back to school. The return to school is inescapable in a college town like Boston and unlike last fall, I won't be one of the tens of thousands here hitting the books again.
I'm happy to be finished with grad school and I was certainly ready to be done with it, but the fall does make me a bit wistful for higher learning. I've always loved the challenge of school and grad school was no different. I liked being back on a campus, going to classes and in-depth discussions with classmates that often took place after hours. I can't say that I loved homework, but one can't really attend school without it.
When I was almost finished with my bachelor's degree, I never thought I would go back to school. I was burnt out and sick of homework, but it was foolish of me to think I wouldn't pursue education again after being such a super school-loving nerd for my whole life. Once a nerd, always a nerd.
And while this nerd may be a touch nostalgic for school, I am NOT at all jealous of all the poor saps schlepping their junk along the streets of Boston.
No comments:
Post a Comment