Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Marathon Monday



I spent a good three hours watching the Boston Marathon on Monday when I should have been working on final projects. But I definitely made the right decision.

The route goes right by my apartment, so it was awesome to just walk out of my building and start clapping and shouting and shooting away with my new toy: a Nikon D60 camera. (Thanks, Rick!)

It was so much fun to feel like I was a part of this important tradition and so inspiring to watch some of the runners. It's easy to see how some people get hooked on marathons after experiencing the friendly and festive atmosphere of Monday.

This is the lead women's pack at mile 24 or so. American Kara Goucher was in the lead when she passed us, but she fell to third in the last few minutes of the race.


Here's American Ryan Hall, who also got third. I love how their feet aren't touching the ground here!


A double-amputee with his Marathon guide drumming up support and cheers--as if it was even necessary. Pretty amazing.


Another inspiring shot from a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment