Maybe it's because I'm working at a health magazine, but I've recently decided that I need to eat less sugar. I have a serious sweet tooth and the fillings to show for it. I need to have something sweet after lunch and dinner, and I start the day with my coffee: skim milk and at least 2+ teaspoons of sugar added, of course. I think my craving for sweets is why breakfast is my favorite meal-- you can get away with having dessert-like dishes (pancakes, muffins, pastries) first thing in the morning.
Anyways, kicking my sugar addiction has proved to be about as easy as kicking my celebrity gossip habit: not easy at all. I'm trying only two teaspoons of sugar in my coffee--not two and a half or three, I'm using less sugar when baking and I just bought plain yogurt. That's right: plain, old, not-even-vanilla yogurt.
This is going to be tough, but I know I have too much sugar in my diet. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go have some cookies...
Photo from iStock
No comments:
Post a Comment