Friday, March 6, 2009

My Lenten Struggle


This year, Lent is going to seem a lot longer than 40 days for yours truly. In a moment of brilliance/foolishness, I decided to give up celebrity gossip Web sites for Lent. I have permitted myself to still read magazines, but I am no longer allowed to kill time (or 'educate' myself) via People, Perez, or Us Weekly online. And believe me, week one has been TOUGH!

It's actually embarrassing how hard it's been for me to give up this junk. Since I'm online so often doing work, it's easy to take a break and surf my favorite sites for some quick celebrity trash. But I will admit that I check the sites too often and I'm probably wasting precious brain cells memorizing the name of the latest celeb-spawn or who snubbed who on the red carpet.

So maybe I will be able to kick my Web site habit come Easter or at least become a less-frequent visitor. I'm hoping to take up a more-productive hobby in the next few weeks--blogging, perhaps?

Now, if only I could quit bad reality TV...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh i love this! but, i knew you couldn't give up People...imagine all those magazines staring at you from the top of your coffee table...that would just be too much hahaha!

    ReplyDelete