Monday, June 15, 2009

Movie Round-Up

I've seen a few flicks since my last post and since I love to share my opinions, here are my thoughts...

The Hangover:
Saw this one last week and liked it. It's definitely what you expect it to be: silly, frat boy humor with a few gross-out jokes and in the tradition of flicks like Forgetting Sarah Marshall, there is full-frontal male nudity. My only complaint would be that too many of the jokes are given away in the previews. The movie isn't ruined if you've seen all the trailers, but you will definitely know a few punchlines in advance.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:
Skip it! Waaay too long. Rented this one on Saturday and barely made it through. It clocks in at 2 hours and 45 minutes-- feels even longer. Sure, the story is original and the makeup effects are cool, but it moves at a snail's pace and it's depressing. Honestly don't know why this one got nominated for so many awards.

Shutter Island:Okay, so I haven't actually seen this because it doesn't come out until October, but I caught the trailer online. This one is based on a Dennis Lehane novel and set on an island in Boston Harbor. The book was great--suspenseful with lots of twists. And the trailer looks downright SCARY! Even though I read the book and know what to expect, not sure I'll be able to see it in the theaters due to my wimpish nature. Check it out below...

No comments:

Post a Comment