
Due to my Catholic guilt, I have to admit that I have strayed from my Lenten promise of no celebrity gossip Web sites.
A few of these occasions have been accidental: I clicked on a link from a main news site like CNN or Yahoo and was unknowingly brought to a celeb site. But other times I clicked on one of those links knowing right where it would lead me.
But even without my daily (ok, multiple times-daily) check of my favorite gossip sites, I've heard most of the major news: weddings, break-ups, births, etc. Celebrity dish is part of practically every newscast and news outlet's web page today. It's actually quite twisted in a way; I guess I hadn't realized how severe the celebrity obsession was in our culture until now. I'm making a conscious effort to avoid gossip, yet I've heard so much of it that I don't feel left out!
It's embarrassing for the media and it's personally embarrassing to think how much I gobbled this junk up! I think this Lenten experiment is going to make me change my ways. Hmm, becoming a better, more intelligent citizen/person because of Lent. Go figure!
BAhahahahaha... im sorry thats all i can say :p
ReplyDelete