
Even if the economy wasn't going down the tubes, I'd still be broke. And so would all of my grad school friends (and many of my working friends, too).
So, of course we're always looking for low-cost entertainment. And what's more entertaining and cheap than game night? Not much, as we recently learned.
A bunch of friends bringing over drinks and potluck dishes, a few board games and that's pretty much all it takes. Game night may sound geeky, but it can get rowdy, loud and fun - just like a night out at an overpriced bar.
Some of my favorite game night selections are Cranium, Scene It and Trivial Pursuit. But I think my top choice has to be Taboo. Taboo is a true game for competitive word nerds like myself and word novices. And there's nothing like a bunch of grad students playing some late-night Taboo after a few drinks - trust me.
Hey Jen,
ReplyDeleteBethany and I have been into Wits and Wagers recently. Board games are cheaper than a night out and last much longer than a round of drinks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wits_and_Wagers