I just ended a four hour long car ride. It was supposed to be a little over three hours, but Friday traffic, various accidents and the blinding sunset changed that.
I'm not the best traveler because I have little patience (I also get carsick easily, but that has nothing to do with this post). My impatience can make a long car ride even more difficult and the radio, CDs, and my iPod all lose appeal quickly.
So recently I've turned to books on CD for entertainment. This is a medium that I used to think was strictly for the very old, but I've been pleasantly surprised. And there are plenty of random audiobooks available at libraries for free, which is always the right price. I've found that an audiobook can keep my interest longer than music can when I'm in the car for a long period of time.
Tonight I was listening to Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy. The narrators of this audiobook both have Irish brogues, which makes it even more entertaining and true to Binchy's setting.
I'm not too excited about another long return trip home on Sunday, but I am looking forward to the next couple hours of the book. Audiobooks are definitely worth a shot!
No comments:
Post a Comment