
When we were little, my brother and I thought the two worst crimes a person could commit were: 1. Smoking cigarettes and 2. Littering. We labeled these people buttheads and litterbugs, respectively.
I'm now well aware that there are far more heinous crimes one could commit. But I have a serious problem when these "crimes" from my childhood combine to create the "butthead litterbug" criminal.
I encountered a butthead litterbug tonight on my way home. Someone opened the car window and tossed a still-lit cigarette out the window. There are few things that irk me more than seeing that little orange glow rolling around on the pavement and knowing the cigarette filter will be kicking around forever. (Except for when I find cigarette butts on the beach.)
If a person chooses to smoke, that his or her decision but throw out the cigarette butts! I know there are plenty of considerate smokers out there. And I wish there were a few less butthead litterbugs around!
I think you just coined your own word there...i really wanna shout "butthead litterbug" at the next person i see doing that. i might get mawled. but ill let you know how it goes :)
ReplyDelete