I found a great new recipe on AllRecipes.com yesterday. I've had good luck with this site before. I slightly altered the recipe for chicken and mushroom saute because the original recipe was too salty. Here it is...
Chicken & Mushroom Saute
Serves 2:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 6 tenderloins), pounded thin
- 1/4 C flour
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained- I would recommend no salt added mushrooms.
- 1 C water
- 1 packet chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Pound chicken and dredge it in mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Set chicken aside.
2. Heat butter/margarine and oil in skillet until bubbling. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken.
3. Saute mushrooms in the same skillet for 5 minutes. Mix bullion, water, cornstarch, parsley, garlic powder and pepper. Add this to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until mixture thickens.
4. Add chicken to skillet until fully cooked. Serve over rice or pasta.
Click here for original recipe and picture.
i think im going to make this tonite. MUCHOS GRACIAS!
ReplyDelete